Phenolic Film Faced plywood 18mm panels | Wood Panels
Phenolic film faced plywood 18mm is a type of plywood that is coated with a phenolic resin film on both sides of the panel. It is known for its exceptional durability, strength, and resistance to moisture, chemicals, and abrasion. In this description, we will explore the features, advantages, and various applications of phenolic film faced plywood with a thickness of 18mm.
Construction and Composition:
Phenolic film faced plywood 18mm is constructed using high-quality hardwood veneers that are bonded together with a waterproof adhesive. The veneers used in its construction are typically made from hardwood species such as birch or poplar, known for their strength and stability. The panels are then coated with a phenolic resin film on both sides, which provides additional protection and durability.
Phenolic Resin Film Coating:
The phenolic resin film coating applied to phenolic film faced plywood 18mm is made from a synthetic thermosetting resin. This resin provides excellent waterproofing, chemical resistance, and resistance to abrasion and wear. The film coating also enhances the plywood’s strength, making it suitable for demanding applications.
Phenolic film faced plywood is available in various thicknesses, with the 18mm thickness being a common and popular choice. The 18mm thickness provides a sturdy and robust panel that can withstand heavy loads and offer structural stability in different applications.
One of the primary advantages of phenolic film faced plywood 18mm is its exceptional moisture resistance. The phenolic resin film coating creates a waterproof barrier that prevents water absorption, minimizing the risk of warping, swelling, and decay. This makes it suitable for applications that require resistance to humidity, water, and other moisture-related challenges.
Phenolic film faced plywood exhibits excellent chemical resistance. The phenolic resin film coating protects the plywood from chemical reactions, including exposure to acids, alkalis, and other corrosive substances. This resistance allows the plywood to maintain its structural integrity and performance even when exposed to various chemicals, making it suitable for industrial applications.
Durability and Strength:
Phenolic film faced plywood 18mm is known for its exceptional durability and strength. The combination of high-quality hardwood veneers and the phenolic resin film coating results in a panel that can withstand heavy loads, impacts, and wear. This durability ensures that the plywood maintains its structural integrity and performance, even in demanding conditions.
The phenolic film coating on phenolic film faced plywood 18mm provides a smooth and consistent surface finish. This finish allows for easy cleaning and maintenance, making it suitable for applications where hygiene and cleanliness are important.
Phenolic film faced plywood 18mm Versatile Applications:
Phenolic film faced plywood with an 18mm thickness finds applications in a wide range of industries and projects that require superior strength, durability, and resistance to moisture and chemicals. Some common applications include:
- Construction and Shuttering: Phenolic film faced plywood is widely used in the construction industry for concrete formwork and shuttering applications. Its moisture resistance and smooth surface finish allow for easy demolding of concrete and provide high-quality finishes.
- Transportation and Packaging: The strength and durability of phenolic film faced plywood make it suitable for transportation and packaging applications. It can be used for truck flooring, container walls, and packaging crates to ensure the safe and secure transportation of goods.
- Industrial Applications: Phenolic film faced plywood is employed in various industrial settings, including chemical plants, refineries, and factories, where resistance to chemicals, moisture, and wear is essential. It is used for manufacturing equipment, storage racks, and other structural components.
- Exterior Applications: Phenolic film faced plywood 18mm can be used in exterior applications that require durability and resistance to weather conditions. It can be used for exterior cladding, roofing, and sheathing in buildings.
- Furniture and Cabinetry: Phenolic film faced plywood can be used in the construction of furniture and cabinetry. Its strength and durability make it suitable for applications such as kitchen cabinets, countertops, and shelving.
Easy Handling and Installation:
Despite its strength and durability, phenolic film faced plywood is relatively lightweight and easy to handle and install. It can be cut, shaped, and fastened using standard woodworking tools and techniques. This ease of handling and installation contributes to its popularity in various construction and industrial projects.
Compliance with Standards:
Phenolic film faced plywood is typically manufactured to meet or exceed industry standards and certifications. It is often manufactured in compliance with international standards such as EN 13986 or equivalent. These standards ensure that the plywood meets specific criteria related to veneer quality, adhesive performance, and durability.
In summary, phenolic film faced plywood with an 18mm thickness offers exceptional durability, moisture resistance, chemical resistance, and strength. It finds applications in construction, transportation, industrial settings, exterior applications, and furniture manufacturing. The plywood’s ability to withstand harsh environments, ease of handling, andinstallation make it a versatile and reliable material for various demanding projects. Its waterproofing properties, resistance to chemicals, and smooth surface finish contribute to its long-lasting performance and ease of maintenance. Phenolic film faced plywood is a preferred choice in industries where strength, durability, and resistance to moisture and chemicals are paramount.