Formwork Plywood Birch Core 18mm Film Faced Plywood | Hardwood plywood
18mm film faced plywood is a type of plywood that is widely used in construction and various other applications. It is recognized for its durability, strength, and versatility. In this description, we will explore the features, advantages, and common applications of 18mm film faced plywood.
Construction and Composition:
18mm film faced plywood is constructed using multiple layers of high-quality hardwood veneers that are bonded together with a waterproof adhesive. The veneer layers are typically made from hardwood species like birch or poplar, known for their strength and stability. The use of high-quality materials and strong bonding ensures the plywood’s structural integrity and load-bearing capacity.
18mm film faced plywood is coated with a high-density film on both sides of the panel. This film is usually made from phenolic resin or melamine, which provides the plywood with excellent durability, moisture resistance, and surface protection. The film coating acts as a barrier against moisture, chemicals, and abrasion, extending the plywood’s lifespan and making it suitable for various applications.
The 18mm thickness of film faced plywood offers a sturdy and robust panel that can withstand heavy loads and provide structural stability. This thickness is commonly used in construction projects, especially for formwork, shuttering, and other applications that require strength and durability.
One of the primary advantages of 18mm film faced plywood is its exceptional moisture resistance. The film coating acts as a waterproof barrier, preventing water absorption and protecting the plywood from warping, swelling, and decay. This makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications, even in environments with high humidity or exposure to water.
Durability and Strength:
18mm film faced plywood is known for its durability and strength. The multiple layers of hardwood veneers and the film coating contribute to its ability to withstand heavy loads, impacts, and wear. This makes it a reliable choice for construction projects where the plywood will be subjected to significant stress and strain.
Easy Handling and Installation:
Despite its strength and durability, 18mm film faced plywood is relatively lightweight and easy to handle and install. It can be cut, shaped, and fastened using standard woodworking tools and techniques. This ease of handling and installation saves time and labor costs in construction projects.
18mm Film Faced Plywood Versatile Applications:
18mm film faced plywood finds applications in various industries and projects that require robust and reliable materials. Some common applications include:
- Concrete Formwork and Shuttering: 18mm film faced plywood is extensively used in the construction industry for creating formwork and shuttering systems. Its smooth surface finish allows for easy demolding of concrete and provides a high-quality surface finish. The plywood’s strength and moisture resistance make it suitable for repeated use in concrete casting.
- Scaffolding and Platforms: Film faced plywood is commonly used in scaffolding systems and platforms. The sturdy and non-slip surface of the plywood provides a safe working platform for workers in construction and industrial settings.
- Transportation Industry: 18mm film faced plywood is used in the transportation industry for truck flooring, cargo containers, and trailers. Its strength and durability ensure that the plywood can withstand the heavy loads and impacts associated with transportation.
- Exterior Applications: Film faced plywood with an 18mm thickness can be used for exterior applications that require durability and weather resistance. It can be used as exterior cladding, sheathing, or underlayment for roofs and walls.
- Furniture and Cabinetry: 18mm film faced plywood is utilized in the manufacturing of furniture and cabinetry. Its strength and smooth surface finish make it suitable for constructing durable and aesthetically pleasing furniture pieces.
18mm film faced plywood offers a cost-effective solution compared to other materials used for similar applications. Its durability, resistance to moisture, and ease of installation result in reduced maintenance and replacement costs over time. Additionally, the plywood’s reusable nature in formwork applications provides additional cost savings in construction projects.
Compliance with Standards:
18mm film faced plywood is typically manufactured to meet or exceed industry standards and certifications. It is often manufactured in compliance with international standards such as EN 13986 or equivalent. These standards ensure that the plywood meets specific criteria related to veneer quality, adhesive performance, and durability.
In summary, 18mm film faced plywood is a durable, moisture-resistant, and versatile material that finds applications in construction, transportation, furniture manufacturing, and various other industries. Its film coating provides excellent surface protection and extends the plywood’s lifespan. The plywood’s strength, easy handling, and installation make it a preferred choice for demanding projects. With its ability to withstand heavy loads, moisture, and wear, 18mm film faced plywood offers a reliable and cost-effective solution for a wide range of applications.